The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce will host a Candidate Forum on October 5th, 2023 at the Holly Springs Cultural Center. Please share this information with all citizens of Holly Springs interested in attending to get to know this year's candidates. The Chamber is a non-partisan organization that hosts this event as a service to the community via our Government Relations Committee.
*2023 Candidate Forum Format**
**Date:** October 5th, 2023
**Location:** Cultural Arts Center, Holly Springs
**Address:** 300 West Ballentine St.
- Doors Open: 5:30 PM
- Program Begins: 6:00 PM
- Event Concludes: 9:00 PM
- Welcome and Opening Remarks by the Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce Representative
- All 9 candidates who have registered with the Board of Elections have been invited. 8 candidates have confirmed their attendance. Brian Norman is unable to attend due to a prior commitment.
- Candidates are required to stay for the full duration of the event.
- The Candidate Forum is part of the Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce's Governmental Support Programming provided by the Town of Holly Springs.
- The Town of Holly Springs provides the venue and records the event and the Chamber of Commerce is responsible for all event logistics.
- The Chamber's responsibilities include communication with candidates, event planning, attendee registration, soliciting public questions, selecting nonpartisan moderators, organizing questions, timing candidate responses, and marketing the event.
- The event is recorded, and the unedited video is shared on social media and YouTube within 72 hours after the event concludes.
- The Chamber does not accept questions from the audience during the event, and thus, the event is not streamed live. The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce is actively soliciting the community for questions.
- All candidates will be on stage together including those running for 4-year terms and unexpired term. This format maximizes the opportunity to provide voters with information in a limited time.
-Candidates are not provided any questions before the event.
- The final event format will be shared with the candidates on September 19th, 2023 during the Candidate Orientation.
- The Chamber will also make the final format public at that time.
- This event is free to attend and open to the public.
- The Cultural Arts Center has a maximum capacity of 184 attendees.
- Attendees must register for the event, and registered attendees will be admitted into the auditorium first.
- Seats will be made available to others as space permits.
- The program will begin promptly at 6:00 PM.
- The Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce is a nonpartisan organization. The Chamber does not endorse, promote, or campaign for any candidate.
We look forward to hosting an informative and engaging Candidate Forum on October 5th, 2023, at the Cultural Arts Center in Holly Springs. Please feel free to reach out if you have any further questions or require additional information regarding the event. Your participation and support are greatly valued in our efforts to promote civic engagement within our community.